Add captions and hashtags to your images and optimize your search engine potential. We believe hashtags are a marketing must for today’s photographers, so we made it easy for you to get them done.
If you didn’t enter a caption or hashtags on upload, or just want to change your information, you can do so by clicking the caption icon located in the bottom right corner of each thumbnail. This action is available in the Social Library, the Network Director, or any unsynced single network.
A grey caption icon means that no information has been applied to that image. A blue caption icon means that information has been added and saved
You can choose to edit the information of a single image by clicking directly on the caption icon. From there, you can arrow through all other images in that section (Social Library, Network Director, single network).
You can also make a selection (made by holding shift or ctrl and clicking multiple thumbnails) and then click the caption icon to pull up the caption popup and have the ability to bulk apply information (more on that below).
Now as you cycle through your images, the popup will only display images from your selection.
Caption & Hashtags
- Caption: This will be your caption/post message on Facebook and Google+, your tweet on Twitter, your image caption on Instagram, and your description on Pinterest. You can edit captions for images right on upload or by clicking the caption icon on a thumbnail in Library, Network Director, or a Single Network. You can customize captions per network.
- Hashtags: Make it easy for new people to find and follow you! You can edit hashtags for images right on upload or by clicking the caption icon on a thumbnail in Library, Network Director, or a Single Network. You can customize hashtags per network.
Social Category Presets
Social Category Presets allow you to take your social sharing to a whole new level. No more entering captions and hashtags over and over on each image you share. Now you can apply captions and hashtags to multiple images in a few easy clicks! You can even have different preset information based on the network you’re sharing to.
You’ll find the preset dropdown menu below the hashtags field. Just choose a preset to apply the caption and hashtag information to that image for all connected networks.
Once the information has been applied, you can go through each network by clicking the network icons at the top of the caption popup. In the example above, you can see facebook and pinterest each have unique caption and hashtag information applied.
- For a full breakdown of Social Category Presets: CLICK HERE.
The ALL Icon
The ALL icon allows you to enter caption and hashtag information and apply it to all your connected networks.
Just click on ALL and you’ll see all your connected networks highlight blue. Enter your information and that’s it! You can scroll through your networks and confirm your changes.
If you already have information applied from upload or a preset (such as hashtags) and you don’t want the ALL option to overwrite this information, just leave it blank. The ALL icon will only effect the information you edit. Example: If you have preset hashtags but want to change the caption only, just leave the hashtag area blank under ALL and your hashtag information will not be effected.
Bulk information editing isn’t limited to just upload. Use the sync button to bulk edit information on multiple images.
To begin, simply select multiple images and click the caption icon on any one of the images in your selection.
At the top of the caption popup, you’ll see your connected networks, as well the “ALL” option and a “sync to all selected images” button. Just enter a caption and/or hashtags and click “sync to all selected images” to copy and apply the information to the other selected images.
Whatever network you have selected will be synced. So if Facebook is selected, and you click the sync button, that information will be copied to all other selected images for Facebook only. If you want to apply the same information to all your connected networks and all your images, just click the “ALL” option, enter your info, and sync.
Stacked images are multiple images grouped together to share as a single post. Each network handles these a little differently:
- Facebook: When sharing to your timeline, Facebook allows a post caption as well as individual image captions. When you stack images together to share to your Facebook timeline, your post caption will be your status update, and you’ll be presented with both options. However, if you are sharing the group of images to an album, you cannot have a post caption.
- Google+: Google+ does not recognize individual image captions. All images in a stack will post to Google+ with just one caption. This information automatically syncs to the other images in the stack, so as you arrow through you’ll see the same caption and hashtags.
- Twitter: Twitter has a maximum of 4 images per post. Twitter does not recognize individual image captions. All images in a stack will post to Twitter with just one caption.
- Instagram: Instagram now allows you to publish multiple photos in a single post. Since Pixrit emails you all photos in a stack at the same time, the choice is yours! You can edit each image’s caption and hashtags, or sync them using the “sync images in this stack” button.
- Pinterest: Pinterest does not allow multiple images to be published as a single post. Instead, it posts multiple images separately at the same time. You can edit each image’s caption and hashtags, or sync them using the “sync images in this stack” button.