Keep all your galleries organized, even when you have a ton of them. Click a category thumbnail to see galleries within a specific category. Each category has it’s own category preferences as well that apply to all galleries uploaded to that category.
Creating a Category
You can create a category two different ways.
First is by starting a gallery upload and clicking “+Create New Category” under the category dropdown menu.
You can also navigate to galleries and view your categories by clicking the category button on the left side of the screen above your gallery thumbnails. Once you’re viewing your categories, you can click “+Create Category” located on the right side of the screen.
You can view your categories by navigating to galleries and clicking the category button on the left side of the screen above your gallery thumbnails. Once you’re viewing your categories, you can click on any of the thumbnails and see information about that category displayed in the right sidebar.
You’ll be able to see:
- The number of galleries in that category.
- The number of images.
- The total size of all the files in that category.
- A list of the galleries in that category that can be navigated to by clicking the “VIEW” button.
- The “delete category” button.
Deleting a Category
You can view your categories by navigating to galleries and clicking the category button on the left side of the screen above your gallery thumbnails. Once you’re viewing your categories, you can click on any of the thumbnails and click the delete category button in the right sidebar.
Category preferences let you set options for all future galleries uploaded to that category. If you make changes to your preferences, previously created galleries will be unaffected.
Category Name – Change the name of your category here.
Feature Thumbnail – Choose a thumbnail to represent your category.
If you have a preset saved from another category, you can apply it here.
This sets what information will display on your banner.
- Byline – Your byline will appear directly below your title on your banner image.
- Byline Url – Your byline can be hot-linked to any web page you want. Link to your blog, your website, or where-ever you’d like your viewers to go.
This sets the look of your thumbnails in your galleries. Choose from Mosaic or Grid.
Mosaic keeps images in even collumns, emphasizing vertical images.
Grid keeps images in even rows, emphasizing horizontal images. This view is great for events, as it keeps the photos in a neat sequence.
- Access – Choose between the four security levels Pixrit offers:
- Public: Anyone can see and access the gallery.
- Unlisted: Only people with a direct link to the gallery can view it.
- Password protected: Visitors to the gallery will be prompted to enter a password before they can view it.
- Private: These galleries are locked down entirely. Only you can view the gallery and there is no “public view” at all.
- Web Searchable – You can choose if you want your gallery to be able to indexed by search engines such as Google.
- Expires – You can set an expiration date for your gallery. Once the gallery is expired, nobody will be able to view it unless you change the status of the gallery.
- Allow Favorites – This option lets you decide if viewers of your gallery can mark images as favorites.
View options let you control how people view your images in your gallery.
Zoom allows viewers to get a closer look at your images in full view
Show Filenames or Sequence
You have 3 different options when it comes to showing information about photos in your gallery. You can choose to display a filename, a sequence number, or nothing at all.
At the bottom of category preferences, you can choose to save your current settings as a preset to be applied to other galleries or categories. You can create a new preset or overwrite an existing one.